Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jetsetter

Christian boarded his first flight all by himself today. He was excited and eager; I was scared and worried. So far, so good. He made it safely to San Francisco to have a date with his Grammy. I just called him, and he told me all about the view of the bay from his Hilton hotel room, the free snacks on the executive level, the indoor pool he was about to take a dip in, and the room-service steak dinner he was about to eat. Oh, I can't forget about the warm chocolate chip cookies he'll get before bed tonight. Is it wrong to be jealous of my eight year old son?


He had a long track break this Spring, so why not hang out in northern California with Grammy and Grandpa for a couple weeks? He's going to spend most of his time at Grandpa's house, but on the way back to fly home from San Francisco, he's going to the museum, a tour of Alcatraz, and having dinner at the top of the Grand Hyatt. I told my mom that I had never even been to Alcatraz!! Oh well, I'll live vicariously through my son. I'm glad he's going to have so much fun with my mom and dad, but I told my mom that she was definitely going to have to wash the spoiled off of him before sending him home.

4 comments:

Teisha said...

How fun! I'm jealous too:)I bet you were so nervous!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh,so grown-up. I remember when he was afraid of trees.

Have and great time! Grammy and Grandpa will be the best hosts.

Becky Chatwin said...

Didn't you go to Alcatraz with the choir junior year? I never made it though...hehe....my friends and I decided to ditch it and we got caught and had in house suspension when we got back! I am sure your son will have a ball!

Courtney said...

Becky, I remember that!! We all were supposed to go on the boat over to Alcatraz, but then we had the option to turn right back around and go to the pier if we wanted to. Didn't you guys get in trouble because you never made it on the boat in the first place? I must have thought I was too cool for Alcatraz, at the time, because I didn't stay.