Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eight Years Later

A few weeks ago John and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It was 12 years ago that I first laid eyes on my future guy to be. He looked so mysterious standing against the wall in the choir room as the teacher introduced him as the new kid from New Jersey. Oooh, he must be an East Coast bad boy with an accent, we all thought. He looked tall, dark, handsome, and mysterious. Just a short time later we learned the truth. He was actually from Kansas and Salt Lake, he walked on his hands more than his feet, and he thought he was one of the Backstreet Boys. If you could hear me now, I'm doing that "waaa waaa waaa" noise.....disappointment. After a couple years of just eye flirting and thinking the other one was stuck-up, we finally started dating. He has kept me laughing ever since. Even when I feel like throwing him out of a window, he still manages to do or say something to make me laugh; which makes me even more mad but definitely deescalates any tension. I put up with constant singing, cereal eating 'round the clock, movie impersonations, and random energy spurts which result in wrestling matches (non-sexual). I know what you were thinking! I've come to realize that these are some of the many things that I love about my John Jon.com. These are his characteristics that made me fall in love with him. He is slow to anger, quick to defend, a loving, playful father, a consistent, devoted provider, and a thoughtful, caring husband. I could go on and on, but to sum it up, I can't wait till we're old and gray. I think we'll be the most entertaining old folks on the block. John made this another special anniversary by taking me to one of my top three restaurants, P.F. Changs. Then, he took me to see Cirque de Soleil's "Love" at the Mirage. Nether one of us have been on an acid trip, but if we had, we imagine that this show would be similar to the experience. Not our favorite Cirque show to date, but, to state it mildly, psychedelic. We then went to the Palms Hotel for the night. Thanks mom, for the well-done babysitting. At the Palms, we were reminded that we seem to be getting old. Did we hit the blackjack tables, check out the nightlife, or just enjoy the night of mommy and daddy freedom?? Nope. We were two old fogies who crashed at 11:00 pm from exhaustion. We had a great time. He even took me to I-Hop the next morning. What a guy! Thanks for all the fun, baby!

My handsome sugar daddy

He always ruins our self-portraits.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

8 years is a long time. Reg and I celebrate our 8 years in Feb. Weird!

So I love those elf things too! They crack me up. I think we did some of those moves in FUSION! :)

B and L said...

Yeah, I can't believe even us older cooler girls thought he was cute that day in choir room!!!

Your hair looks good!!

Courtney said...

Hey Thanks! I cut off five inches, and John looked at me like the world had ended. I'm going to end up the old hag with hair down to her ankles, cackling. Katrina, you're so funny; yes, I think those were definitely Fusion moves. Ahh...the good old days.

Teisha said...

Congrats! 8 years is long! Collins and I will be 7 in May. It was fun to read about your past and remember the good ole' crazy choir days. It was funny to read about your anniversary because we did something similar. We went to a hotel and after dinner crashed about the same old time. After kids, sleeping seems to be the best vacation!

Your hair still looks long and beautiful!

Do you still keep in contact with Amanda? Do you have her email?