Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Pics

We had a fun Thanksgiving this year. It was quiet but nice. The kids were really into the Macy's Parade this year. While I was cooking, I had my non-sporty husband turn on a football game so it would feel like the Thanksgivings of my childhood. We had a visit from Uncle Jay and Aunt Lady (Katie). John also had a good friend from work join us for dinner. There was an abundance of food; my mom trained me well. I missed being with my parents and extended family, but we had our first Thanksgiving in our own house, and it was a good feeling.


4 comments:

Teisha said...

I have that same green and white shirt as you do, I just wore it yesterday! I'm so impressed that you made Thanksgiving dinner. I have never even made a turkey before! I'm glad it all went well. Did your fam move out of state?

B and L said...

I'm glad that the turkey was right side up in the turkey pose picture. I am just still trying to figure out which one is the turkey though!!!

Unknown said...

Ooooo, the food looks yummy, the house warm and cozy and there are lots and lots of smiles on everyone's face.

This Grandma wishes she could have been there. I love, love, love the pictures.

Everything looks so good, I'll bet everything tasted fantastic. You are a great cook. I still have a hard time enjoying any other lasagna after tasting yours.

Courtney said...

Teish, I'm looking forward to lunch with you guys. My sis moved to Cali., so my mom and dad try to get there for some holidays. If nothing else, it makes me be hostess like. I prefer the teenage days where everything miraculously came together with no help from me. I don't like growing up.
Bethany, you are a turkey, and I should have turned the turkey the other direction just for you. In my opinion, the booty does look a lot like the head.
Debbie, I haven't made that lasagna since I was dating John; I should try it again sometime.