Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Thought Halloween Was One Day

Halloween seemed to last a week this year. I'm not a big fan of this yearly event, but I know the kids love it. When I was little we didn't even acknowledge Halloween, and we just went to Disneyland because we always had the Nevada Day three-day weekend. The kids like to dress up, so I'll deal with it for a few more years. I told Christian we have a new family rule. No more dressing up after the age of ten. It irritates me to see junior highers running around late at night without their parents trying to get candy. This week started with a costume parade and harvest party at Coy's school. Then Christian had a parade and party at his school. I was the parent helper for the party, and I helped the kids decorate their own sugar cookies. On Halloween we went to Town Square for a bit, but it was insanely crowded. I kept thinking I was going to lose a child, so we didn't stay long. Corinne doesn't dig the adults that are dressed up; she's not sure if it's real or not, and there were a lot of adults dressed up at Town Square. Then, we went to our church for Trunk or Treat. The kids got lots of candy and their costumes were a hit. Corinne was Dorothy and Coy was the Tin Man. This is all because Coy has been obsessed with the Wizard of Oz recently. I tried to convince Christian to be the Scarecrow or the Cowardly Lion, but that was not cool. He had to be a ninja. It was a fun night, and the best part was bath time when all the face paint and sparkly makeup was floating in the water. We all slept very well that night. I also need to apologize to my kids for eating every single Reese's Peanut Butter Cup out of their treat bags. I have a problem. Mommy's going to get help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids were so cute. Did Corinne (sp?) manage to keep her wig on all night? It looks awfully heavy for her little head. Wish I could have seen your little troop live. LOL Your pictures look like so much fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks Courtney for sharing the pictures. Jim and I really enjoyed them... It's hard being so far away from them. The pictures really help.