Thursday, January 29, 2009

Out to Din

It's been a while since we took the kids out to a restaurant for dinner. I mean a real restaurant, not McDonald's, Taco Bell, or Panda Express. For those are frequented more often than I would like to admit. After picking up the boys from church last night, we were all hungry, and it was late. I was thinking we would go home and make some quick Mac & Cheese and chicken nuggets, but John drove in the wrong direction right to his favorite "hole in the wall." So there we were at the Bootlegger with our three young children. I was going to argue, but when John is hungry, nobody is safe. His claws come out until his tummy if full, then, he's quite pleasant. My objections were do to the fact that this is really not a place to take kids. It seriously is the closest thing I've seen to a restaurant right out of the Godfather. I've never seen any of the Godfather movies, but I could imagine. It's totally "old Vegas" with the huge circular booths, the dim lights, and the piano being tickled in the corner of the dining room. John only warned the kids one time, and to my surprise, they were perfect. They love going to restaurants, and it had been a while. So, they were on their best behavior. The reason I'm even mentioning this somewhat ordinary experience is because I love how sincerely grateful my kids can be. Throughout the dinner, they kept saying how nice everything was, and how they loved this restaurant. They kept thanking us for taking them, and they had much praise for the food. Coy said, "Everything is so delicious!" Christian spoke his famous line, "This is fun; we should do this more often." John let them order whatever they wanted, so when the waiter asked Corinne what she was having, she said, "I want diet coke and a salad with ranch on the side, please." No joke!! The waiter laughed, but I told him that really was exactly what she wanted. She's 2 going on 17. Well, at least she'll be a cheap date when she is older. We had a fun time. Too bad money doesn't grow on trees, or we could do it more often.

1 comments:

B and L said...

That just shows that they pick and choose when they want to drive us crazy!!