Monday, June 28, 2010

Christian Turned 9!!

I know I say this every time I make any kind of a post about one of my kids' birthdays, but I can't believe my baby is so grown up! Christian turned nine the beginning of June, and we had a fun time celebrating a couple of times; birthdays seem to last a week around here.


Instead of a party, Christian decided he wanted to stay at a hotel overnight with a couple of his friends and hang out at the pool. So, we stayed at Mandalay Bay, and they have a really huge pool/beach area where the kids had a blast. I've heard for a long time that it was really cool, but this was the first we'd been there. They have a huge wave pool, a lazy river, pools and jacuzzis and a beach area. The best part of the adventure was the 40 times I was asked by total strangers at Mandalay Bay if all five kids were mine. I must be a very busy woman.

On his actual birthday, we went to the Shark Reef and had a family birthday party at home. I get a kick out of my first born baby everyday. It's a trip watching him grow up so fast. Love that boy to death.

Christian with his friends at Mandalay Bay











Spending the night at the hotel



Christian with Grandpa Tony and Nana








Coy really got into singing "Happy Birthday" to Christian.



Christian with Uncle Jay and Aunt Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Grandpa Jim and I both agree the kids seem to grow so fast and then they are gone. Even the funny little ones soon grow up to be 30 and have beautiful and fun families of their own.