Friday, September 19, 2008

Early Birthday Date Night


My husband was listening when I told him how much I wanted to see "The Phantom of the Opera" every time we drove past the Venetian Hotel. Last night he took me as an early birthday present. Before going, I almost felt ignorant at the fact that I didn't even know the story line behind the very popular production. The stage and sets were amazing, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. The singing and orchestra were excellent, but in the end, both John and I agreed that no matter how many bells and whistles you put on it, opera is still opera. (Yawn!) I guess I'm not that cultured after all. I found the most entertaining part of it all was at the beginning when the chandeliers started flying around the theatre; any kid would probably agree with me. At least now, I can say I know what it's all about. Thank you sweet spouse.

0 comments: