Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Major Events in May


Oh sweet UNLV.....we've spent so much time together. It took me nine, long, never ending years at that institution. I walked hand-in-hand with my boy-toy (we'll call him John D. to protect identity) through the campus back in 2000. In 2001 and 2004 I waddled from class to class while being given that, I know what you've been up to look by fellow classmates and several professors. In 2006, when I was once again doing some major waddling, I was wise enough not to enroll in classes that would eventually be dropped due to exhaustion. Every Spring I was in school I suffered from the most ridiculous allergies because of some evil olive trees blooming all over the campus. I was actually asked to leave class one time because I could not stop sneezing. I had a total of three majors throughout my college career. Looking back, the most amusing major I declared was nursing. Anyone who knows me would scream if they were in the hospital and saw me walking in as their nurse. Sure, I have excellent bedside manner, but at the first sign of trauma (blood, needles, incisions, any bodily fluid) I would be in the corner rocking back and forth singing "This Little Light of Mine." Psychology is what stuck. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've always been interested in it. I'm intrigued by all the crazy stuff; you would think I'd have gotten a better grade in Abnormal Psych. I used to tell everyone that I wanted to be a "Clarice" psychoanalyzing "Hannibal Lector". Since becoming a mom, that thought scares me a bit. I'll be perfectly content working with children, even crazy ones. I'm bigger than they are. So, to sum things up, I completed a major undertaking that I thought was impossible right around 2003. My transcript is a train wreck, but I pulled it all off with a 3.0 GPA. Of course, John will tell all of you it was 2.97. My rules say I am allowed to round up. My true intentions for pursuing this higher education were to:
A) Tell my children years from now that, "If I could do it, anybody can do it."
B)Make my parents take a deep breath and smile.

0 comments: