Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday, we had some crazy weather. It was raining from the time we woke up, and around 9 am the rain turned into little white flakes. The kids were in shock. I've always told them we wouldn't have any snow where we live because it's the desert. Coy yelled when he saw it and said, "See mom, I told you it can snow at our house. It's Christmas today!" That took a little explaining. I didn't realize that living so far southwest in the valley would be a noticeable change in temperature. As I drove Coy home from preschool about 15 miles away, the temperature dropped 10 degrees, and the rain turned into snow. The kids were very disappointed that their attempts at a snowman never left the ground. They tried to make snowballs, but they were just throwing slush. I'm not sure why, but they kept refilling huge Tupperware bowls full of ice and dumping them in the backyard. Somehow that added to the fun. The snow continued all day, and the cars were covered in white. But like any snow in Vegas, it didn't stick around. The only evidence of our snow day is the far off mountains that are now white. I'm glad the kids got to experience a little bit of true winter time. They were quite done with it after 30 minutes. They all ran inside and jumped in the tub. I guess the cold is only fun for a short while.




2 comments:

Katrina said...

We didn't get any snow at our house. My kids were so sad :(

Teisha said...

I love it that Coy thought it must be Christmas Day! Since it only snows once in awhile in Vegas it is amazing when it happens. That little bit makes it that much more special. I'm sad I wasn't around to see it! With that being said, I'm glad that Vegas and California doesn't get snow storms! I'm excited to see you and catch up over Christmas!