Sunday, April 26, 2009

Disneyland...Again

Over spring break a couple of weeks ago, we took another quick trip back to Disneyland for a couple of days. John refers to this little jaunt as my manic vacation. Very rarely do the kids and I have the same days off as John's random, typical Vegas, hotel industry weekend.

So, we planned on going to my mom and dad's little condo in Utah that we've had since I was little in order to be out-doorsy with the kids. You know, fishing and hiking and such. Sad to say, but our kids have had very few trips like this, so I was looking forward to seeing them just have fun outside and get dirty. Of course, when I checked the weather, there was still snow on the ground, and anther big snow fall was expected during the time we planned on being there. I would have loved to have taken Christian skiing , but as I began my hunt for overpriced snow clothes in the 85 degree Vegas weather, I was starting to think Utah was a bad idea. I went to about five different sporting good stores and couldn't find anything for Coy and Corinne.

So, I was bummed knowing that we had the time to take a normal weekend trip, but we just weren't. This is where the manic part comes in. I went from bummed, to sad, to mad, to Courtneyzilla (John's name for me after my claws come out), to pouting, to scheming, to announcing that we were going to Disneyland for a day just because I wanted to, and I was being the boss of everyone that day. I had a bad case of cabin fever mixed with some stress. Not a good combination. Of course, the kids were thrilled, and John just gave me that look like, "whatever, crazy." Wise man I married.

So we had lots of fun in the way-overly crowded park with all the other spring-breakers. Okay, looking back, was it worth the ridiculous amount of money to just not be bored? No, but we got to be at the happiest place on earth...that's worth it, right? Even I have my crazy days.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

It's always so nice to be able to keep up with you all - miss you guys!
Lots of love AD