Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cheap Alternative

So, I have nothing interesting or important to tell about-not even a story about the kids. I will rave about my new love I have discovered. I'll try to keep this short. Am I a girly-girl? No. Do I go to the salon for haircuts/color/highlights? No. Do I get massages or facials? No. Do I have pretty tips on my nails? No (It's a dishwater/stabbing my children problem). Do I consider Target and Old Navy fine clothing? Yes. What's my point? I sometimes indulge in one girly thing...pedicures. Why? Because I like my feet to feel and look pretty. I'm a flip-flop sort of gal who much of the time goes around barefoot. So, in the summertime, my heals can be a lethal weapon. I could cut you. I have cut John.

Since the joys of home ownership have reared their ugly little heads for over a year or so now, I have given up said indulgence. This is very sad for me because my favorite is the french tip pedicure, which I can not do myself because my hands start to shake like a 90-year-old woman's.

Solution: I saw a friend at church with some cute little sandals on and a sassy french tip pedicure. I was extremely envious, but I managed to gush and compliment her pretty feet. I explained to her my sorrow in having to neglect my friends at the Galleria mall who did some rockin' pedies. I couldn't speak to them in English, but we had a connection :-) Next thing I know, my friend is disclosing a little secret she has to me. Her toenails were non-authentic. Say what? No way. These were some perfect looking toes. I was immediately filled with hope and joy that my feet could once again be pretty for $5.79 at my local Walmart store. "To good to be true", I thought, but I gave them a try.
Result...I fooled my husband. He asked, "When did you go get a pedicure?" He loves for me to pamper myself occasionally. It's me who doesn't allow it. So, I now am a fan of fake toenails. Creepy? Kind of, but you would never know. See, I told you this post was very trivial and uninteresting. It's just one of the random little things that has made me happy recently. Maybe it could bring you some simple joy too.

Please ignore the "dry as the Sahara Desert" feet and crazy long, monkey toes. I never claimed to be a foot model. Too bad fake toenails don't take care of that problem. My husband is convinced I can swing from trees and peel bananas with these babies.

I really don't know how long this product has been available, but they are new to me, and they are way better than the "Lee Press-On Nails" of my childhood. The box says not to wear them longer than a week. I've had mine on for two now, and they're still going strong. Here's to not getting a rare toe disease!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I might have to try them. I am not a girlie girl either and I want to take better care of my pigs. I got a pedi on Friday and it was so amazing. The lady told me that I needed to come once a month, my heels were NASTY!! I am not to thrilled about paying $25 to make them cute.

sonna said...

Hey Courtney - so good to see you & John & your 3 kids! I can't believe it! Sorry to be blog-stocking... just saw your comment on Katrina's blog & had to see what you've been up to & say hi. You're beautiful as ever & love the toes :)

Teisha said...

Your toes look great. I think I need to try those because I too have given up pedis a long time ago. We just need to find some magical cure for flip flop loving dry cut up heels!

Katrina said...

My friend does an amazing job with gel nails on toes. She charges twenty bucks and they last 2-3 months. So if you get sick of putting them on yourself every couple weeks you should have her do it. I seriously love mine :)