Friday, May 15, 2009

Emotional 3-year-old

We were driving home from the park a few nights ago. We stayed until it was dark, and all of the kids were exhausted from skipping their naps that day. They were pretty quiet and in a zone; right before they completely crashed. So, we were just listening to the radio-you know, the Delilah stuff; slow and calming sort of tunes...80's rock ballads. Journey's "Faithfully" came on, and about have way through the song, Corinne began crying this very pitiful, tormented sort of cry. We thought she was in pain for a second. We quickly asked her what was wrong, and she said, "the song make me sad." Oh the power of a Journey ballad. Does this mean she's going to be one of "those girls" when she is 16? Maybe, but I will be there to rub her back and assure her that boys are dumb as she's having an emotional episode. John said he could understand why the song made her cry. He said it has a "haunting melody." I'm not sure how I feel about my husband getting teary-eyed over a bunch of dudes singing about mushy stuff. So, for your listening pleasure I have "Faithfully" playing right now. Let's see if I can bring you to tears.

0 comments: