Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My life consists of picking things up...over and over

I think I've mentioned before that Sunday, at our house, is family nap day. Christian, my 8-year-old, doesn't like it, but he's come to accept it and doesn't fight it. On Sunday, we went to church, came home and ate lunch, then we all crashed for a couple of hours. I get up so early on Sundays, that the nap is mostly for me. When I came downstairs, this is what I found. Apollo had actually consumed his new dog bed. I guess that means he didn't like it because it's completely destroyed. I pondered whether or not to take him to the vet. How much cotton-poly fill can an animal eat without perishing? Dog food was all over the floor. Keep in mind that Apollo is in his kennel when we are not around him, so it was one of my children who set him free. They teamed up and decided not to name the culprit. The kids had taken every cushion off the couches and made an obstacle course; which meant two of them had slammed their heads together, and I woke up to screaming. I'm not giving up a nap on Sunday, so I'm going to invest in bells to hang around each of their necks. Kids can be really quiet when they're being sneaky.


3 comments:

Becky Chatwin said...

Hear hear! I so know what you are talking about.....I am especially having one of those days today.

Teisha said...

Ugh...that is why I won't be getting a dog anytime soon. Why are Sundays so rough when they are "supposed" to be the most relaxing day of the week.

Emily said...

Speechless! I will now enjoy laughing at your dog stories. Ellie got a new home on Monday.