Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mother's Day

Yep, Mother's Day was almost a month ago, but my blog motivation has been dismal. I was spoiled this year, once again. I wondered why John crawled into bed at around 5:00 am on Mother's Day. After going downstairs I understood why. After getting home from work late, he went to the store, then stayed up for the next few hours trying to make some yummy masterpieces. I found in the fridge John's version of an Edible Arrangement along with a ton of chocolate covered strawberries he had made. There were flowers and balloons sitting on the table for me, and a note on every little thing telling me why he loved me and what made me a good mom. Oh yes, I almost forgot the huge chocolate cake waiting for me to devour it on the counter. He knows my overwhelming weakness for chocolate cake; seriously, I dream about it; I have a problem. John then, as exhausted as he was, helped me get the kids ready for church and got us there on time. After church, He and the kids took my mom and I to the Bootlegger for lunch. I had a Mother's Day filled with food. We all know how food makes a girl happy. I spent the rest of the day with my mom and the kids. They all made this day very special for me. I have a wonderful mom and the best kids that were ever knit together in a womb :-) ...what a blessed lady I am.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

John and the rest of us are blessed to have you in our lives too.