Saturday, June 27, 2009

Feeding Duh Ducks

The kids love to feed the ducks at Sunset Park. We've been doing this since Christian was a baby. We were out of bread, so we searched the pantry, and the ducks ended up chowing down on four-month-old flour tortillas. They didn't seem to have any complaints. This was the first time we saw lots of baby ducklings following their mommas around. Corinne was upset that the baby ducks weren't getting any tortilla pieces. She yelled at the big old geese to get away and let the babies have some. They didn't listen.

John loves to torment me every time we go; it must be some kind of tradition for him now. I have a fear of flying animals/bugs or anything that is dirty. So, of course, I loathe pigeons. I don't swerve when they refuse to get out of the road. I've had feathers attached to my car for weeks; I show no mercy. There are tons of pigeons that hang around by the duck pond because they know there will be lots of good crumbs on the ground. John is entertained by my reaction as he throws little pieces of bread right at my feet and watches the flocks of pigeons descend on me. They are not afraid of people and they'll jump on your feet and peck at them. I'm sure it sounded like I was being killed by my screams. John's favorite part is that I always forget he is the reason all of these birds have befriended me. He enjoys my reaction to getting attacked by flying rats. Once I realize what he is doing, I can never catch him; he's faster than me.







1 comments:

Teisha said...

Collins torments me with bugs. I can get pretty mean though so he has backed off lately lol! Tell him next time he will have to take all the kids there by himself.