Monday, June 15, 2009

My Big 8 Year Old

My Christian D turned the big "8" on June 1st. What happened to my first little sugar man? He's starting to grow hair on his upper lip, and I have to make him put on deodorant every morning! Could this really be happening? Christian is an awesome kid who has made, almost the last decade of my life, a fun ride. He's smart, and more importantly, clever. He's got a mouth on him that either wants to make you smack it or kiss it. Seriously, I think we have a natural born lawyer on our hands. His personality gets along great with mine. We're both sarcastic, we both get it, and we can both laugh it off. The fact that he makes better points than I do in an argument is somewhat scary. He's honest, kind, and quick to comfort when he knows someone is upset or hurting, whether it be physically or emotionally. Christian is everything and more when it comes to what I dreamt a son would be like.

Once again, this year, he had a few birthday celebrations. First, in his classroom, I brought in goodies, and the class had a little birthday celebration. Again, this year, like last year when I subbed in his class, I had two girls come up to me and say, "Mrs. Romo, I think Christian is really handsome." For real, what's up with these brazen little girls? What am I going to do in a few years? Maybe I should be like Bobby Bouché's momma in "The Waterboy" and tell him that "girls are the devil!" I don't want to think about those years yet.

Next, he had a birthday dinner at Peter Piper Pizza. I would rather go to the dentist and get a root canal than go to Chuckie Cheese or Peter Piper Pizza, but that is what he picked for his special day. I must say their pizza is better than Chuckie Cheese, and they give out more tickets so kids can get better prizes. It was bad, however, because my little bottle of antibacterial gel in my purse was gone...oh, the grossness. He had fun, though.

So lastly, we just had an actual birthday party at one of the rec. center pools with his friends. They had a great time, and Christian got sunburnt to a crisp. I'm a bad momma who only focuses the sunscreen use on her very pale children (Coy). To wrap it up, Christian had a fun, long birthday celebration, and I've cherished every one of the eight years I've had with him. I didn't know what joy was until I had this kid.

CD Ro Then...






CD Ro Now...








2 comments:

Teisha said...

He's so cute! I love his little naky bum bum lol! I can't believe you have an 8 year old!

B and L said...

I can see Eli right now in Christian. They have kind of the same look at that age.