Sunday, June 14, 2009

Coy's Preschool "Gradulations"

A few weeks ago, Coy had a little farewell graduation ceremony for preschool. The kids sang a lot of cute songs and showed us parents what they have learned in preschool. For a second there, I got a little teary-eyed thinking of him being in kindergarten next year. It seems like yesterday he was just my little q-tip baby, and now, he is the comedian of the family. I really felt it was important for Coy to have two years of real preschool because he seemed to be tougher to teach than Christian was. Whenever I tried working with him, he would get frustrated, as would I, and it would quickly turn into a very unpleasant learning environment. Looking at him today, it's amazing to see how far he's come, even in just the last year. He loves to do his "schoolwork", and he begs me constantly to print off all sorts of preschool worksheets from some very helpful websites. He's very proud that he can do all of these things on his own now. He's on his way to reading, and I'm so glad that we made the investment in his preschool experience. He not only had incredible, loving teachers who knew just how to work with him, but he was also able to learn and experience some important biblical truths.









This is Coy's future wife, Kylie.

Coy had his big speaking part...

1 comments:

Teisha said...

He is so cute! Tallon is like that for me too where he won't let me teach him things. I have Tallon in a Lutheran school and I love it because he has older kids that come in and pray with them and they teach about Christ.