Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Burned

I need to get another swimsuit with no built in accessories. When I was at church I didn't understand why a couple of the little old men who were welcoming people at the door smiled at me then looked down at my chest. I felt a little violated and self-conscience. Since I was busy following their eyes from my face to more southern regions, I tripped on the door threshold and my heel got stuck under it. I'm surprised I didn't break my ankle; it took a couple of people to set me free. I seem to attract attention everywhere I go in a not so graceful sort of way. Later on when I was getting ready for bed, I looked in the mirror and understood the glances. I had branded myself. I didn't need to wear a necklace; I had one burned one onto my skin. Now I feel bad for thinking there were some dirty old men at church.

2 comments:

B and L said...

RE-TARD-ED!!!!

Teisha said...

Laughing! White girl what were you thinking?