Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Almost 30 Year Old

Back when I fell in love with John when he was 18, this is usually the position he was in. Well, 10+ years later, he still is often found in this position. My John turned 29 a couple of weeks ago. Hee Hee, he's almost 30. I know this isn't old, but he thinks it is, and I'm enjoying tormenting him. I don't think John will ever get old. He will be one of those people who's scuba diving at 90. There's no end to his energy; I wish he could share it sometimes. I love this handsome man even more now than I did 10 years ago. That seems impossible with all the craziness the last decade has brought, but I've gained a deep level of respect and gratitude for everything he has become to me and our family. We've basically grown up together and have learned a lot of life lessons together. I've seen him go from the irresponsible, hyper-active teenager to a consistent, dependable provider and leader. He would stop at nothing for my happiness and that of the kids. I have a husband who adores me and shows me that he does all the time. I too often shrug off the hugs and kisses because of whatever funky mood I'm in, but I know I'm so lucky and somewhat undeserving of his continuous love and affection.

John's birthday wasn't too eventful, but we did get to go out to dinner the night before at Texas de Brazil. I thought I was going to die when we were done; I've never eaten so much meat in my life. Texas de Brazil is new to Vegas, and it's a Brazilian all-you-can eat steakhouse. I've heard of these places before, but this was my first experience. Lots of Brazilian dudes carry around giant skewers of several different kinds of meats. They give you a little card to flip on green if you're ready for more meat, and the other side is red if you need to take a breather. There was filet mignon, pork ribs, beef ribs, chicken, veil, top sirloin, sausage, pork chops, lamb, and I know I'm forgetting a couple. What do you think of that, vegetarians? I ate every animal possible that night. It was pretty funny and ironic that our waitress was a nutrition student at UNLV. It was so good.


Yep, he still does this one too. I'm not quite sure why his tongue is sticking out though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, that's my son! Full of energy, jokes and lots of love. I remember the perpetual motion even when he slept and the constant reciting of the most recent Saturday Night Live skits.John was always dancing and singing. He ALWAYS made you smile... even when you were really, really mad and determined you weren't gonna smile not matter what. He ALWAYS got me to smile.

Teisha said...

Happy Birthday to John! He is so funny. Katrina and I were just saying we should have another girls lunch but invite john too. He fits in lol! But we seriously do need to do another lunch or dinner so lets plan something.