Monday, July 13, 2009

The 4th of July

We had a fun 4th this year; very typical BBQ, swimming, and fireworks. What made it special is that my dad was in town and so were my Uncle Lonnie, Aunt Patti, and cousins, Jasper and Emilyne. Getting together with them for the fourth of July has become somewhat of a tradition, and I look forward to it every year. I know the kids especially do too; they love to hang out with their big cousins, Jasper and Emi. Unfortunately, John had to go into work in the afternoon, so he didn't get to do fireworks with us, but we all got in some fun swimming time before he left.

So, it was a pretty normal 4th that included way too much food, sun and swimming, and some very cool illegal fireworks just a couple doors down. I was a little nervous with the fireworks. I understand why they were illegal, because one fiery "dud" landed right on my mom's front porch just about 10 feet away from us. At least that makes everyone pay attention to the fireworks; we needed to be prepared to duck and cover.

I love my family,and it's a trip to see how fast time is going by. It seems like it was yesterday when I was the high schooler, and my little cousins were following me around. Now, Jasper is a sophomore in college and Emi is sophomore in high school. Where is the slow down button on my life?



0 comments: