Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mom and Coy



My Coy Coy turned 5 last Friday. He has been looking forward to his birthday for so long now, that we have been counting down the days since last month. He had a birthday party with friends a few weeks ago along with Christian, but he knew he had more to look forward to. He had not gotten all his presents from John and me yet or his grandparents; grandparent presents are a big deal, especially when my mom has him go through Toys R' Us making a list of what he wants. He awoke to the traditional Krispy Kreme breakfast and then, continuously asked to open his presents. I made him wait until John was awake so he could enjoy the ripping and tearing. It's tough on a kid when his daddy works a swing shift.

My mom also shares a birthday with Coy. I kind of did that on purpose. Since I've never actually gone into labor; I just chose when I was sick of being pregnant and ready for some action. My doctor is a big fan of inducing; it probably just helps her schedule, but I love it. It's great to know what morning you will be going into the hospital to have a baby. I've always been ready with hair and makeup done along with a pair of smoothly shaved legs (like that matters). My doctor had originally wanted to induce me on the 4th of July, but I thought it would be neat to have my mom and Coy share a birthday. My Coy boy came out with a huge head, weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces; I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

We spent the night at my mom's house the night before their birthday, so she could enjoy the morning birthday festivities. My dad also came into town, so it was fun for us all to be there together in the morning. The kids like being able to swim as soon as they get out of bed. Coy was thrilled with all of his presents. He got quite a few, but his favorite was the one he has been asking for since Christmas. I finally caved and bought him the Wicked Witch of the West figure to complete his Wizard of Oz collection. I'm not ashamed to say that my son has an obsession with the Wizard of Oz, and he spent his birthday flying a witch around the house, cackling, while saying, "I'll get you, my pretty!" Coy marches to the beat of his own drum, and that's cool by me. Not every mom gets to be serenaded by "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" each and every morning. We did get him manly things like his new soccer ball and goals. He's excited to be on a soccer team this fall. We also got him a butterfly garden, (Teisha, I copied your son's present) and Coy is so excited to get his caterpillars in the mail.

My dad took us all to Benihana for dinner. This was Coy's fist time, and he loved it. He really liked the volcano of onions and how the chef acted like it was a choo choo train when it started to smoke. When we got home, he had two pieces of his chocolate cake, and we called it a night. I know Coy had a fun birthday, and he loved all the gifts he got. I can't believe he's five already, and he is going into kindergarten next year. He's already stressing over the idea of homework; Christian is trying to scare him. I wish I could slow the clock down. My Coy Ronald has given me an indescribable amount of joy and entertainment. I have a feeling that this kid will be famous someday. He is naturally talented, and he loves to perform. I thank God everyday for the smiles this sweet kid had brought to my face.

Here I am the morning I went in to be induced. Coy was a big baby, but he wasn't responsible for my face looking like a swollen balloon. That was Olive Garden's fault.



My blondie with the big head



Coy with Grandpa



The Romo boys



Coy Coy's first Christmas



Coy and Uncle Lex in the pool



Coy with Grandma





Coy with Grammy



My Sugar Man II

3 comments:

Teisha said...

He is so cute! I love that Coy likes Wizard of Oz. Its of no surprise that probably all of your kids will be incredibly talented performers. I hope he likes the butterfly garden. You have to tell me when it gets there!

Unknown said...

Courtney, this post made me cry.The pictures, the memories. I remember these moments of what now seems so long ago. I remember Coy and his fascination with opening and closing, opening and closing, open and closing doors (repeated 50times). Where has the time gone?

Nikki said...

oh cork. i love that little boy very very much. i forgot what sweet looking baby he was. i love him.