Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dude, I got a Dell...Again

I'm starting to think John and I repel technology. No matter how careful we are, every single computer we've ever owned has crashed a couple of times. We do everything they say you are supposed to do like having security programs and all that fun stuff. Still, our laptop crashed once again, and this time I am done with it. We've already taken it to the geek squad (our new best friends) a couple of times so they could save all of our files and reboot the computer. I'm not doing it again, even though at some point I will want all my home movies off that stupid thing. Should I have been backing up all my files like my husband said?- Yes. Did I?- No! Those guys charge way to much for computer knowledge. Now, we are back to our old Dell desktop we bought in 2004 after Coy was born. We had it custom made and only used it about six months before it too crashed. At the time, we didn't have the time or money to fix it so it just sat and traveled with us when we moved. After the death of our laptop, we put a new hard drive in the Dell and reinstalled everything. It seems to be working like new except for the fact that it's not allowing me to upgrade to a new version of internet explorer...irritating. Internet Explorer in 2004 was kind o' slow. Let's hope this one will, now, behave for us. I have to get used to going to the desk in my room to get on the computer instead of just sitting on the couch with the laptop. This is probably a good thing; it will keep me from wasting my time on nothing late at night; there's only so many curtains and panels one can look at online at Target. I also wish it had a little slot for my Sony memory stick like the laptop did. How do I get all my pictures onto the computer? Oh yes....the USB cord; like I have any clue where that thing is hiding. That's a scavenger hunt for another day. When I think back about 10 years ago, when AOL was a novelty, and the internet was new and exciting, I realize how impatient technology has made me. Maybe my computers crash to teach me a lesson ;-) Okay, I'm done ranting now.

0 comments: