Saturday, February 21, 2009

Funny Story

Coy is my child who has a fascination with Physiology and Anatomy. He's always asking questions about his body. Some of these endless queries include such topics as the brain, bones, blood, digestion, the respiratory system, and yes, childbirth. I try my hardest to change the subject whenever that one comes up. Well, since we have had our new puppy, Apollo, Coy has been inspecting his little doggy body. John pointed out to him, right after we brought the puppy home for the first time, that Apollo also has a belly button like he does. Coy seemed to be giddy at this new discovery. Since that first time, he's asked several times for me to point out Apollo's belly button; then, he laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever seen. I say all this to tell you what happened a couple of days ago. As I was taking Apollo downstairs to go outside, Coy walked up to me and said, "mommy, I want to touch his belly button." So, I told him to go ahead. Coy then proceeded to, rather roughly, grab and twist Apollo's little puppy wanker. I quickly pulled Coy's hand away from the poor animal, trying to sound concerned as I told him what he was grabbing. He thought about it for a second; then he said, "ohhhhhh." We both laughed for a long time. The best part was the surprised look on Apollo's face as he was defenselessly being molested. I love this 4-year-old.

2 comments:

B and L said...

Coy Coy is soooo funny!!! Mine would have done it on purpose!!

Unknown said...

That's funny. I remember one time when I was selling Mariah's pups and a customer came with his daughter to check them out. They wanted a male and the little girl asked how I could tell the boys from the girl puppies. I explained that the boy doggies had a long bump on their tummies... She then turned to her Dad and inquired, "Daddy, do you have a bump on your tummy?" To this day I remember all the shades of red that man turned as he tried to deflect the question. I don't remember if they bought a puppy or not.