Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Back-Tracking

At the end of May, we said good-bye to our sweet Grandpa Clyde. He was one of the warmest, most welcoming, most affectionate men I've known. Since the beginning, when I started dating John, he was always my favorite, and I'm pretty sure I was his :-) He always made me feel special and very loved. I could tell he was a fire-ball when he was younger, and I wish I could have known him then. He was 88, and it was peaceful when he passed away. I miss him very much. He will always have a special place in my heart.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, this particular posting needed to have a warning label... "Grab tissue first before watching!"

What a wonderful tribute to an incredible and wonderful man. He loved his family very much. I will always remember those last few days we had with him when you and John came by. He was between this world and the one the eternal one. Yet, as you stood by his bed, he replied with that distintive twinkle in his eye..."There's that beautiful blonde." It made all of us standing at his bedside smile.