Sunday, October 19, 2008

First Day

Yes, school started over a month ago, but I wanted to show Christian and Coy's first day of school pictures. Christian is now in second grade and Coy is in 4-year-old preschool. They both love school, and are doing very well. Christian (Mr. Smarty Pants) will nearly cry when he gets an A-. He is very competitive, especially at school. So, we are trying to help him understand that as long as he is doing his best, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing. Christian is very social, of course he wants to be the leader, but he loves being around all the kids. Every activity going on at his school, he wants to be involved with. By the way, having your first born make school look like a piece of cake is not easy. I'm trying to keep an open mind that Christian is not the norm, so I won't automatically expect the same from Coy and Corinne. I already know that Coy learns much differently than Christian, and I have to work with him more. Coy loves preschool, I think mostly because of the dress-up corner. He already has found his future wife there, and the other night, during his prayers, he said,"Thank you for Kylie to be my wife when I am bigger." I guess big events do take place in preschool. The teachers at his school have had to rearrange a few things because of Coy's love for dressing up. One morning, Coy's teacher had noticed that he had been in the bathroom a very long time. Miss Lisa finally went in and discovered that Coy had taken every change of clothes out of the individual Ziploc baggies that were in the cabinet for the students in case of an accident. He was standing there buck naked about to try on yet another outfit. So, they had to move the emergency clothes to another bathroom. Another time, Coy had come home with his pants on backwards for the second time, and his underwear was seeming to vanish. I realized that he was, once again, getting into a high shelf in the preschool bathroom, taking off his underwear, and putting on the cool looking "Toy Story" pull-ups. Yes, those also had to be removed from his classroom's bathroom. He told me they were so cool, and he didn't care if they were for babies. I will be shocked if Coy is not an actor or performer of some kind. He always entertains me. Corinne will be in the 3-year-old preschool next year, and she can't wait. She always wants to stay when we drop Coy off. I am enjoying the girl time we have after we drop the boys off. So, here's the pictures.



3 comments:

B and L said...

In that last picture, Coy looks just like you!! Chinese eyes and all!! :) Very cute!!

Unknown said...

I just had to let you know that we loved the pictures. However, I had to stop laughing at Coy's dress up stories before I could type.

Meija said...

How sweet are your kids! I love your post about blessings and asking "why me"...right on! Hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Kara's :)